So, again a lot has happened since I last posted. Mainly we did welcome Margaret to the world in December. She is now almost four months old and greatly loved by her big brother.
While I would like to use this blog to keep people updated with current photos and information about what is going on in our lives I also would like to use it for another purpose. Hopefully, either way I will actually get around to keeping it updated.
Lately I have been wrestling with how I can reach others outside of my little world. I spend my days either alone with the kids or at my parents house. I do not really come into contact with anyone else outside the house. This makes it hard to really make an impact on anyone else's lives. Last night I finally made the decision to use my endless unproductive hours spent on the internet as a way to reach out to others. By way of this blog, email, and perhaps even my Facebook account I would like to touch others lives with information that has touched mine.
In the past couple of months I have grown a heart for the children of Africa, namely those in Ethiopia. It probably greatly has to do with the fact that two families from our home-fellowship have either adopted from there or are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. Without knowing these friends my heart would not bleed for these children who faces have become ingrained in my mind. I want to help these beautiful children, but I also realize that I cannot do much by myself. This is where my lovely friends come into help.
Whether we talk daily or you are just reading this because you are curious about what I was writing, you can help. Get involved or follow along with what I hope will be a journey in helping others. You can even pass along information or connect to my blog so that we can make a spider web of connections.
We must start somewhere and what better place then with Bale.
This beautiful child was going to be thrown into the Omo River to die because her top teeth grew in before her bottom teeth. Bale is the first child they have been able to save from superstition that runs deep in rural Ethiopia. This child was just saved within the past few months and has spurred the creation of the Drawn From Water orphanage. To hear more of the story and how you can help visit www.drawnfromwater.com
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress
James 1:27
No comments:
Post a Comment